Personal Information We May Collect
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- User name
- Postal address
- Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or to respond to your questions and comments.
- to send you important information regarding the Sites, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Sites, you may not opt-out of receiving these emails.
- to provide you with email updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions and programs and to send you invitations to participate in special programs.
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while.
- to send you advertising/promotional material from some of our affiliates, advertising and strategic partners.
- to personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- to process rewards and prizes as applicable.
- to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, instant win promotions, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so it is important that you read these rules carefully.
- to permit you to participate in live social media feeds. If you choose to participate, your public username, city and state may be displayed on the Sites along with your post or other relevant information.
- for our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the Sites experience and content based on your past activities on the Sites, and gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues). The Personal Information you provide through the Sites may be combined with other information you provide to us (via online or offline means), with demographic information and other information that is publicly available, or with other information about you that we may otherwise obtain online or offline.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside the United States; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside the United States; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- with our third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship. We will provide you with choices regarding this sharing prior to sharing your Personal Information with a particular strategic partner. Because these third parties will use your Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy practices, you should check their websites for information regarding their privacy practices.
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Sites and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Sites.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
"Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information.
- Server log file information.
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
- Demographic information and other information provided by you.
- Location information.
- Aggregated information.
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser : Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version.
- Through server log files : Your " IP Address " is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Sites usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites.
- Using applications. We may use applications, including mobile applications or widgets, to collect information from you.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects ("Flash LSOs")) and other similar technologies : We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Sites. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer or device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Sites or our online content. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies : These may be used in connection with some Sites pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Sites users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Sites usage and response rates.
- From you : Information such as your date of birth, gender and zip code, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, may be collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites.
- By aggregating information : Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites, (for example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the "How We Collect Other Information" section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING-RELATED VENDORS
Please note that our online and email advertising-related vendors may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies in connection with the Sites to help manage our online and email advertising campaigns and strengthen the effectiveness of such campaigns. For example, if a vendor has placed a unique cookie on your computer, the vendor may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies to recognize the cookie during your visit to the Sites and to learn which of our online advertisements may have brought you to our Sites, and the vendor may provide us with such Other Information for our use.
Please note we may link such Other Information provided to us by our vendors to Personal Information about you that we have previously collected. Such combined information will be treated as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined. We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice, please visit http://evidon.com, and to know your choices about not having this information collected or used by these companies, please visit http://www.evidon.com/consumers/profile_manager#tab3.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us : We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications related to the Sites. However, regardless of your opt-out preferences, PrizePlay may still at times need to send emails for administrative reasons.
To exercise your opt-out rights:
- You may click on the opt-out link on the bottom of any marketing email from PrizePlay and follow the instructions provided to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications from the brand or Sites from which you have received such email.
- If you have an account with us, you may log into your account and revise your preferences related to receiving electronic marketing communications from us.
- You may send mail to the following postal address (please specify clearly what electronic marketing communications you are opting-out from): PrizePlay Website Customer Care 225 River Street, Troy, NY 12180. Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
How you can access or change your Personal Information
To review, correct, update or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may use one of the following options:
- If you have an account with us, you may make changes and updates on the account profile page by logging into your account through the Sites and making such changes. Any changes you make on your account profile page through the Sites will be reflected on that same Site
- You may send mail to the following postal address and clearly describe your request: PrizePlay Website Customer Care 225 River Street, Troy, NY 12180. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed or updated. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable
Note that despite our efforts, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. Further, please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. Finally, we are not responsible for removing information from or updating information in the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information.
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Sites.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security Number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
- You may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.